Friday 4 November 2011

An artistic interlude

With the students all on holiday this week, it has left plenty of time for reflection: here are some of the results; in painting and poetry.


I Am

I am the Bread of Life
I am the food for the  hungry
Sustenance and strength
Bread
Holiness found in the every day

I am the Light of the World
I am the flame that flickers in the night
Inspiration and joy
Light
Shining in the darkness

I am the Gate of the Sheep
I am the way in and the way out
Comfort and challenge
The gate
A place of new beginnings

I am the Good Shepherd
I am standing in the midst of my sheep
Guide and protector
Shepherd
And slaughtered lamb

I am the Resurrection and the Life
I am hope for the future
Forgiveness and rebirth
Resurrection and Life
An unending second chance

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life
I am opening a door for you
Faith and fullness
Way, Truth, Life
The promise of a Father’s love

I am the True Vine
I am intertwined with my branches
Support and source
Vine
Bearing much fruit

I am.

(John 6:35; 8:12; 10:7; 10:14; 11:25; 14:6; 15:1)

2 comments:

  1. This is superb Steph, thank you!
    Guess you will have less time once you start teaching but I hope you manage to "ring fence" some time for reflection and to further develop your creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Barbara, this poem is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete