Monday 30 April 2012

I am and you are

Those of you with particularly good memories might remember that way back in November I wrote a poem inspired by the "I am statements" in John's gospel. (http://www.stepsadventures.blogspot.com/2011/11/artistic-interlude.html) This second poem and painting, inspired by the same verses along with one of my personal favourites "I have come that you may have life in all its fullness" (John 10:10) is maybe a little more abstract, but if you search for them, I hope you might be able to identify references to all seven "I am" images: the good shepherd, the gate, the bread of life, the way the truth and the life, the resurrection and the life, the vine, and the light of the world.


I am
And you are

Walk my way
Living is being

Called by name
Called to be you

Called in to shelter
Called out to shine
With the light of love

Called to have life
In all its fullness

I in you
You in me
A vine, intertwined

Together
Living
And being

Loving because I am
Loved because you are

Giving myself
Still, I am
Give of yourself
Even more
You will be

I am
And you are
Come,
Go,
Love,
And live!



(John 6:35; 8:12; 10:7; 10:14; 11:25; 14:6; 15:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment