Sunday 9 August 2020

Life in Lockdown

A few weeks ago, I was interviewed by Nick, the URC synod evangelist, about life at Carrs Lane during lockdown.  In church circles, I guess we are fairly unusual, and because of that, some might even suggest, vaguely interesting. While many people have been discovering how to 'live church' away from their church buildings for perhaps the first time; we have spent even more time 'in church' than usual.

There was, of course, a specific agenda and audience in mind. The context was for it to form part of a series, sharing good news with and from churches about lockdown. A lot of what I said was fairly rambling and incoherent. When talking about the Stories project and the other ways in which I have tried to stand alongside asylum seekers and refugees through this period, I feel like I failed to properly communicate the great joys and benefits ... for them and for me. There is much that is left unsaid.

It is, I suppose I am saying, far from perfect as a reflection of the last few months. But it exists as a record of a conversation (albeit edited) at a particular moment in time and hey, if its out in the big wide world of the internet, I guess it makes sense for it to be shared here too.


No comments:

Post a Comment