Sunday 4 April 2021

Little joys

Back in early February, with Ash Wednesday fast approaching, I decided I was not giving anything up for Lent this year.  Getting through winter, and lockdown, felt quite hard enough already.

However I did want to mark the season in some way, not least because last year's Lent gratitude diary, begun in that pre-pandemic reality that now seems so far distant, and continued through the early months of lockdown, felt like a very positive thing.

So this year, throughout Lent, I have been collecting "little joys" ... recording each day something that has brought me joy. Each day I chose something different, even if certain things brought me joy over and over again. Each day only one and always one ... because highlights can be identified on both the brightest and the dreariest of days.  

The colourful leaf-shaped post-it notes on which I wrote them are now adorning my wall, little reminders to keep seeking out and celebrating that which brings joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment