Thursday 24 February 2022

A no-longer-blank canvas

Having not painted much at all for a while, why wouldn't I, for my next artistic project, take on "the big canvas"?

Back in early March 2020 as the prospect of an inevitable lockdown crept closer; some people stockpiled toilet rolls and pasta. I, meanwhile, was more concerned with how I was going to keep occupied and went to The Works to stock up on arts and crafts resources. One extra large canvas which I thought would be a new and novel challenge was one of my purchases.

As things turned out, due to both remaining busier than I anticipated or feared throughout the lockdowns, and to having less creative energy than I thought I might, it has sat unpainted, taking up space, ever since.

Until now.

I am still not entirely sure whether it is finished, but I'm done for the time being.



1 comment:

  1. Mathematical shapes and beautiful colours combined give an intriguing artwork, Steph. If it were hanging in my living room I would challenge my guests to count the number of triangles, the number of quadrilaterals and the number of pentagons while I was busy in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete