Sunday 18 September 2022

Breadcrumbs 2022

Over the past week, for the third year in a row, I have completed the Art2Life "breadcrumbs challenge". The first time I wrote about it here, and the second got a mention in this post. Each year it has proved a helpful interlude in helping me rediscover a creative spark and make some space in my schedule for playing with colour.

Each day builds towards the creation of a "creative compass", through prompts and questions which have been the same each year. It has been interesting to see both the similarities and the differences in my responses each time and in the art I have created. Without wanting to overstate the significance, my three completed compasses stand as witness to some of what has changed for me over the past three autumns, and some of what has stood the test of those changes to be very much still part of who I am.

The course is based not on learning new art skills but on connecting to your inner artist. The basic premise is that if we connect to the deepest part of ourselves, our souls; if we give ourselves permission to be free, to play, to do more of what we love; we will be the best version of our creative selves. It is, perhaps, a lesson for life as much as for art.  

The final livestream ended with one of my (current) favourite quotes:

No comments:

Post a Comment