Saturday 15 January 2022

A little bit of crafting

Generally, in recent years, as anyone who reads this knows, my preferred forms of creative expression have mostly been poetry and painting. Both rely on having imaginative ideas and a certain amount of creative energy. Recently, I haven't produced very much of either.

But even when the ideas aren't flowing, I still know how much I value having some form of creativity in my life. So I have turned to various crafting kits and projects instead. 

I'm sure there are some purists out there who would question how much "creativity" is really involved. But you know what, there is something very satisfying about creating something. Even when you have followed a pattern and / or a set of instructions to do so. Even if they're probably really aimed at children. 

Doing something creative is also, for me at least, a good way of relaxing and switching off from other responsibilities. My life is rich and varied and at times, intensely busy and emotionally tiring ... taking time to rest and recharge matters: for me and for those around me. Intentionally pursuing ways to take a break isn't something I have always been good at, but it is something I know to be vitally important.  

So my pens and paint brushes remain poised for when the ideas come. But in between times, I'll keep doing things like this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment