Saturday 12 March 2022

22 . 02 . 2022

Whatever it may say about me, I do rather like dates with a pattern so I knew 22.02.2022 which was not only a palindrome but also an ambigram, and made up of all matching digits was definitely worth marking! And to add to the joy it was a Twosday as well.

It was, all things considered, a great day to have a party!

And so I filled my home with people. 

I think, altogether I counted 47 who came and went through the day. 

They ranged in age from six weeks to well over seventy years. 

They came from 11 different nationalities from all across the world.

There were people I knew from various different contexts. 

There was mess and noise and lots of laughter.

There were cups of tea, plenty of food, and too much cake (if such a thing can ever be said).

There were people who mucked in to help tidy up and do the washing up and even hoover before they left.

There were conversations between friends and between strangers who had only just met each other.

There were friendships being deepened and community being built.

My heart is full. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment