Thursday 28 January 2021

Colour Scheme

Sometime I feel inspired with creative ideas. More often, I kind of want to do something creative but am short on ideas as to what to do or where to start. A blank canvas and empty paint palette can be somewhat daunting.

So a couple of weeks ago (or maybe a little longer than that now) I tried something. I asked those I live with to "name a colour" "and another". I stopped when I had four colours: blue, orange, purple, turquoise. 

Putting those four colours and nothing else on a paint palette at least gave me somewhere to start.

So I painted this which, to be honest, I wasn't overly enamoured with, but I'm sharing it anyway because it was part of a process.

Over the next couple of weeks, I stuck with that select palette. I returned, several times, to sit down again with those same colours and see what happened. These did.





I like some more than others. Perhaps you do too. More importantly, though I enjoyed creating them. And although I know "its about the process not the product" is a bit of a teacher thing to say, it is, in fact, true.  

I'm open to suggestions for a next colour scheme to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment